Thursday 18 October 2012

My Beautiful Sister... Ruth

We have some seriously interesting family dynamics, but I love each and every single one of my 7 brothers and sisters... Today is about a very special young lady, one of my dearest sisters who have a very special place in my heart. Ruth. It will be her 14th Birthday on Monday… I almost cannot believe it… it was just the other day that I was carrying her around the house singing her to sleep or sitting on my bed drawing pictures with her… I am so proud of her - to see how she has grown into a lovely young lady...

She has so many amazing gifts and a beautiful heart that absolutely adores God!
When I was visiting my family in London earlier this year my mom was telling me about how my sister went on a school trip to Spain and how she was singing to the kids on the bus from her song-book filled with all her own compositions… the kids were crying as they were listening to her and had no idea she was so talented. She reminds me so much of me – she loves to write songs that have a message in it about the Love of God… I hope that someday we can write songs together that will touch thousands of hearts around the world!
Here’s a little info on the sweetest and wisest sister… and as you read you may even see a mini-me…

Nickname: Ruthtoothy
Grade: Year 9
Favourite Colour: Purple
Favourite Sweeties: Multizers
Who are your best friends: Eliza, Charlotte and Siobhan
Favourite Programme on TV: Farscape
Favourite Movie: The Proposal
Hobbies: Writing Songs and Writing Stories
Talents: Singing, Acting, Story Writing & Art
Favourite Outfit or Clothing: Shorts and a short sleeve t-shirt
What would you like to become one day: A Professional Singer
Advice for any young girls your age: Keep our heart and mind on God and nothing will go wrong
One thing you think every single person on earth must have: Trust in and Love for God

Here are two links to some of Ruth’s songs that she wrote herself:
(A song she wrote that Hillsong Kids may be doing soon)
and
(Singing a song she wrote at her school awards evening)

1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."

No comments:

Post a Comment