Monday 7 November 2011

It's all about... ME!

I have spent the past 3-4 years of my life doing God’s job! I got to the Place where I thought – Lord you are not doing it for me so I am going to do it for myself. I don’t need your help ‘cause clearly you can’t get it right. Faith went out the window and in I invited my own logic. If God wasn’t going to do give me a boyfriend – I will go find him myself –  I struggled with insecurity and if God wasn’t going to zap me with His magic wand and fix me - I am going get out there and act like a real tough chick – and I will get it right! And so I went on my way opening doors that should never have been opened and striving in my own strength – over-riding seasons in my life to make my will come to pass. I deleted God in my World and even though I serve in His house at a full time capacity – wanted nothing to do with Him.

John 15:5

Amplified Bible (AMP)
5I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
Nevertheless – 4 years and enough heartaches later I have finally arrived at the end of me and accepted the fact that God (being the author of my life) won’t go against His Word, and if He says, it’s not your season, then I’d better listen real quick and find out what season I am in and what He requires of me in this season. Let’s get real… if you don’t have what you want in the season you’re in… you can become quite obsessed with getting that thing and become extremely frustrated.

I must admit – I have never been good with reading season’s – not cause I am stupid – but because I am stubborn and refuse to listen ‘cause I have been too afraid that I will hear something from God I don’t want to hear. Many friendships have come to the end of their season in my life but because I held on so tight to those friendships I just ended up feeling rejected by people. I get it… I get that it changes and that today one friend is here – tomorrow another one comes. Don’t be afraid – God sends answers for every season – are you listening? Sometimes His answer to your prayer will be something as simple as… Just trust me.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Ecclesiastes 3

 1TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
    2A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,
    3A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up,
    4A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    5A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    6A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
    7A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,
    8A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
    9What profit remains for the worker from his toil?
    10I have seen the painful labor and exertion and miserable business which God has given to the sons of men with which to exercise and busy themselves.
    11He has made everything beautiful in its time. He also has planted eternity in men's hearts and minds [a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy], yet so that men cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
Whether you are single and waiting for that right guy or girl to come along – enjoy the season and trust God, whether you want a child, enjoy the season and trust God, whether finances are bad and you have big things you need to take care of – enjoy the season and just trust God…
Psalm 84:11-12
Amplified Bible (AMP)
11For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield; the Lord bestows [present] grace and favor and [future] glory (honor, splendor, and heavenly bliss)! No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
    12O Lord of hosts, blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts in You [leaning and believing on You, committing all and confidently looking to You, and that without fear or misgiving]!

1 comment: