Wednesday 30 November 2011

Letting Go...


A couple years back God was taking me through a rather lonely season – moving things around – re-shuffling people in and out of my life and just separating myself to Him like He has done so many times before. I will never forget that season. I have been through break-ups and been rejected to my face - but not even the pain of those break-ups or rejections could compare to how my heart hurt in that season.  I cried so much!

My mom fetched me from church after a National Woman’s Day Meeting – and she could see I was hurting… When she asked me what was wrong I explained to her how I felt and what had happened to me that day and I ended off by saying “It hurts so much mama – I just want to die and go to heaven”.

Perhaps the best is to die! But not physically! Dying to ourselves means we gain Christ… and His Love which we so desperately long for… Sometimes we think we have died to ourselves – but these seasons clearly reveal that there is still so much of “you” in you! He’ll remove those around us who serve as support systems –to show us how much we truly need Him and how we’ve learned to rely on others’ love, their approval and encouragement in our lives. He’ll open our eyes to see the truth about what truly is going on in our hearts and in that break down the things that we’ve built in our lives that are of ourselves and not of Him – and that right there is the painful part.



Maybe you are holding on so tight to what you want and refuse to let go and trust that He is for you! He will give you the desires of your heart if you just trust Him and allow Him to make it happen! When Jesus comes to fetch us to spend eternity with Him, chasing after the things of this earth will hold no value at all… the days, weeks, months and years we spend chasing after earthly things in desperation to belong and neglecting the one true love would have been spent in vain…

In pursuing Christ – (HIS KINGDOM) you will have all the things you desire “added unto you”. But seek first… and only then…

Matthew 6:33
King James Version (KJV)
 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I dare you today to pursue Him and trust Him to love you the way He desires to…  Let go of YOU being in control and LET GOD be GOD in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment