Friday 4 November 2011

Re-Invent yourself!

I was flicking through all the channels dstv has to offer on Monday and stopped at a TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORY on Holly Madison from the reality tv show, The Girls Next Door. Friends in her circle described her over and over again as someone who keeps re-inventing herself.

HOLLY MADISON


In her mind she had a picture of exactly who and what she wanted to be – and worked towards becoming that person. Although she may have taken it too far as to change her-self to become the perfect girlfriend and possible future wife for Hugh Hefner and ended up losing herself in the process - there is a valuable lesson in the re-invention side of her.
How often do we go through life and get stuck in a rut of same-old, same-old…? Same hair-do, same clothes, same make-up, same attitude, same response or reaction to the things that happen around you, same routine – same everything! Life becomes boring, dull and predictive.
I have grown up not caring what I look like – it’s never been important to me. The things that have been important to me have been things like; eternity, winning Souls, God’s calling on my life… and loving God. I never explored anything new!  I never worked on the other side of me. How I treat people, eating habits, how I dress – on and off stage and even work… and just plain and simple – loving myself! Who wants to be so heavenly minded – that they are no earthly good?
I am so grateful for a friend God has brought into my life, Miss Arlene Pillay. She has taught me so much by just being a great example! She always dresses well, looks good, has fun, treats everyone the same and is still a lovely woman of God! She knows that she’s worth the expensive hair treatment – the extra time on the nails and hunting for that outfit she’d like to wear!

Me and Arlene


Be inspired – get creative – be fruitful and multiply your gifts (and wardrobe). Let’s throw out the old and those things that hold us back from moving forward and becoming the person God has called us to be!
To get new results you need to do new things! Sometimes you just need to step out and break the routine – change the way you look at yourself and your life… have fun and enjoy every moment you have… Re-Invent yourself by renewing your mind. As you renew your mind you will be transformed to what you see in that mind of yours! Who knows – the new you could attract the man of your dreams - or organize you a great promotion at work!
Remember – you can never change yourself on your own… Ask the Holy Spirit to help you become a better you – ask him for GOD inspired ideas and changes – and allow God’s Word to open your eyes to a new way of living!
Romans 12:2
Amplified Bible (AMP)
2Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Really, very awesome. It's true, we have to aim to be the best version of ourselves. Always.

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it cuz!

    I also recently realised this and started working on the whole make-up, nail, hair thing and guess what, it makes you feel great about yourself, ecspecially if you have a low self-image (believe me - I know what I'm talking about).

    Love you and keep the posts coming, I am so inspired to keep my blog updated - been so long since I've written something :)

    ReplyDelete