Wednesday 9 November 2011

Stretching Your FAITH... to see the WORLD

I went to Sydney Australia in 2004 for a Hillsong Conference. The travel bug bit me so hard I went back twice after that (in 2006 and 2008) had two stopovers in Singapore, then had four trips to the UK and one to Europe (Amsterdam) between 2006 and 2011. Out of all of these trips I have only paid for maybe 3. The rest were a blessing from my Daddy God… I see faith like this… I ask and expect you to do. Sometimes easier said than done especially when you don’t see results…

Sydney Aus 2008


Singapore 2008

Sentosa Island - Singapore - with Katherine

London 2006

Lancaster (+- 4hrs North of Surrey, London) 2008

London 2011

But that’s where I have to ask… What have you done so far? Have you saved? Have you got a Passport or VISA for your destination? Have you set a date? And have you ask God to help you out? Have you done research so your eyes can take it in and your mind can draw pictures of you standing there – experiencing THAT destination… It has to be THAT real! Like Ps. Anthony always says… SEE IT, SAY IT, SEIZE IT!

Step out in faith and set your vision… sow seeds into other’s holidays or whatever God lays on your heart. It may even be so small that it hardly makes a difference – just remember… from a small seed comes a great harvest… R200 can turn into R2000… I can definitely testify to that!

In 2004 (when I was just 21) I gave R500 into Janet Govender’s dream to go with to OZ… It was just the two of us going and at that time she was only 16. I got a call a week later from the Travel Agent telling us that we had to have R5500 for the flights to her ASAP. A week later a lady and her husband who attend our church, heard about my trip and told me God told them to write me a cheque for that exact amount…

Here is a classic example of: PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY…

The last trip to Australia in 2008 I had it on my heart to go to Hillsong Conference again… So I got my VISA and registered myself for conference. The VISA cost at that time was around R1500 (handling fees of travel agent included) and R900+ for Hillsong registration. Finances for this trip just never came through. I really trusted God and waited on Him… two months prior to the trip I just thought – maybe I am not meant to go this year – so I let it go. I got a call from Kathy (who was organizing the trip) on a Friday Afternoon telling me that one of the group members never got her VISA approved and I am the only person with a VISA and Hillsong Registration – I better pack because the flight leaves tomorrow! I was blessed with an entire trip and I honestly pray God blesses her richly for this! I got to see the world again – this time with a nice big group of friends and God shared so much with me while I was there…

If He did it for me – He can do it for you! Step out and trust God for those dreams to come to pass – he loves you and would love to show you the world that He created for you to live in!
Luke 17:5-6
Amplified Bible (AMP)
5The apostles said to the Lord, Increase our faith (that trust and confidence that spring from our belief in God).
    6And the Lord answered, If you had faith (trust and confidence in God) even [so small] like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, Be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you.

1 comment:

  1. This has inspired me so much. We don't really know what stepping out in faith is, do we? This is it.

    www.mrsrogero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete